Lawrence M. Schwab President and Managing Partner
With more than 30 years of focused national and international commercial transaction and dispute resolution practice, Larry Schwab counsels and represents tech company clients in commercial transactions, commercial law, bankruptcy, and creditors’ rights in the U.S., England, Asia, Europe, Africa and the Middle East. He is admitted to practice in the United States and in England and Wales.
With great respect for negotiations, Larry excels at convincing people to do what his clients believe they should do – face to face at conference tables or via telephonic connections. Clients include emerging companies and industry-leading publicly-traded, multinational concerns, which he represents in the structure, negotiation and resolution of cross-border business and trade creditor commercial sales and financing transactions, conflicts and disputes.
As the firm’s managing partner and chief executive officer, Larry’s global legal practice exemplifies the culture and ethos of the firm. Bialson, Bergen & Schwab is a focused and hard-working group of senior-level finance, bankruptcy and recovery lawyers who have sophisticated negotiation and trial skills honed in literally thousands of national and multinational representations; delivering solid financial solutions and recoveries around the globe.
- Palo Alto Bar Association
- Santa Clara County Bar Association, Trustee (1991 to 1992)
- State Bar of California, Business Law and International Law Sections
- American Bar Association, Committee on International Business Transactions, International Law Section (1977-Present)
- Law Society of England and Wales
Recent presentations include:
- “Preferences and Preliminary Bankruptcy Concerns,” sponsored by the Credit Managers Association of California
- “Methods of Payment and Creative Uses for Securing Payment in the International Context,” sponsored by the CMA Business Credit Services and International Credit Chapter Group
- “International Creditors’ Rights” at the 2nd Annual International Credit & Collections Day, sponsored by the California Institute of Credit
- “Legal Issues Impacting Collections in Asia” at the Fifth Annual Global Management Program: Focus on Asia and Latin America, sponsored by the FCIB-NACM Corporation
- “International Credit Enhancement, Collections and Bankruptcy: An Overview” at the International Credit Conference, sponsored by the Credit Managers Association of California
- “Commercial, Credit and Bankruptcy Aspects of Contract Disputes: Common Sense Methods of Avoiding Litigation and Ensuring Payment” at the Annual Meeting of the American Boiler Manufacturers Association
Mr. Schwab has served on the Board of Directors of numerous charitable organizations, including:
- Peninsula Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired (now, Vista Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired) (1992-98 and 2001-04; President of Board 1995-96)
- Family Service Mid-Peninsula (now, Family and Children’s Services) (1996-2002, Board Chairman 1999-2000)
- Menlo-Atherton Foundation for Educational Excellence (1998-2006); California Consortium of Education Foundations (1999-Present)
- Iris & B. Gerald Cantor Center for Visual Arts at Stanford University (2000-2008); the Governing Board of the Filoli Center (2002-2011, 2013-Present)
- Children’s Health Council (2002-2011)